Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] "Document Processing for Accessibility" workshop in Paris, 30Jan07 & EUAIN project

Hi Malte (and happy new year)

On 22/01/07, Malte Timmermann <Malte.Timmermann@sun.com> wrote:

> It was more a status update from W3C WCAG and other groups.
> Some publisher talked about how easy they can print any book in large
> print, now that they have the source text in format xy (forgot what it
> was).
Was it 'nimas'? That's a subset of NISO Z3986, the daisy standard.

 It was about the process "Print on demand", so shops don't need to
> buy big amount of large print books, but can order one single book,
> which is printed on demand, with only a small cost overhead.

OK. That fits with work RNIB are doing.

> I did meet Benoit Guillon, who wanted to start working on DAISY with
> OOo, maybe interesting for Dave:
>
> Benoit Guillon wrote, On 02/24/06 10:33:

<snip/>

The name rings a bell, I'm not sure where from!
Thanks Malte.

Peter, our contact in EUAIN is David Mann who works in Ireland.
Seems he's not communicating internally!

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.