Subject: Office A11y Minutes From January 5

Minutes
Office Accessibility SubCommittee Teleconference
January 5, 2009
Submitted by Janina Sajka

Attending:
        Richard Schwerdtfeger   RS
        Hironobu Takagi         HT
        Tatsuya Ishihara        TI
        Janina Sajka            JS

SUMMARY OF NEW ACTION ITEMS:
ACTION: Hiro to email Svante Shubert

ACTION: RS to draft section explaining that viewers which only support autoplay
write section in bpg addressing viewers that only support autoplay screen show
to also support a11y api and be able to control pause/play

1. Approval of minutes from 15Dec08 meeting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email=/archives/200812/msg00031.html
Approved without objection.

2. Radio Button Groups Malte, Pete, Rich
Rich's proposal to TC:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email=/archives/200811/msg00017.html

Bottom line is ODF overloads form:name to address radio groups. form la= bels
can label individual controls and not groups creating problems. The TC = has
indicated in their specification that for form:name duplicates form:id
essentially creating two unique names and suggested that form:name can = be
removed.

Rich and Malte to discuss

This item deferred.

3. Action Item: Hiro's local link being folded into the xml-id odf-frag=
ment
proposal going to the TC.
Waiting on Svante Shubert's response to:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email=/archives/200812/msg00033.html

ACTION: Hiro to email Svante Shubert

4. Review ODF 1.2 requirements document from Rich (attached). This is a=
early draft

Rich's post:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email=/archives/200812/msg00015.html

For each requirement we have a description and an example skema fragment.

Rich requests to know whether anyone has any issues with how these are formatted.

5. Accessibility Guidelines Actions and Issues

5.1 Creation of a note in the ODF accessibility guidelines to convey
existance of live regions to AT via platform a11y APIs

Need someone to draft.

We need to discuss Hiro's db front end proposal

HT:: Since there's no consensus on approach, we should express our opinion in our Guidelines.
Need to pause slide show and access content.
for screen reader, and cognitive

ACTION: RS to draft section explaining that viewers which only support autoplay
write section in bpg addressing viewers that only support autoplay screen show
to also support a11y api and be able to control pause/play

5.2 Issues to Discuss

- Discuss Hiro's suggestions for BPG:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email=/archives/200811/msg00006.html

SVG descript and title for drawing #3 withdrawn
Issue closed

We need to wrap things up in the next month or so asap

Meeting ends here.
NEXT MEETING: January 11

Malte: Provide input on charts backed by disjoint cells:

How does (or how will) OpenOffice provide access to charts backed by disjoint
cell ranges either in a single or multiple tables? If this case be done
today, what are the examples?
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/2008=08/msg00054.html

http://mediacast.sun.com/share/korn/chart-accessibility-challenge.ogg.http://mediacast.sun.com/share/korn/chart-in-writer.behavior.ogg.

4.2 Editorial Action Items

- Peter to provide an updated Accessibility Guidelines to our document
library so that we can update it.
- Peter to remove Appendix E.3 Tables/Presentations
- Rich Provide a section on PDF conversion related to supporting repeat=
ing
table headers in PDF
- Peter Korn and Pete Brunet to specify the text of how table row and
column information are mapped in ATK and IA2
Pete's response:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email=
/archives/200811/msg00020.html

- Peter Korn to consider/Update our guidelines to cover Apple API.

ODF 1.2 Accessibility Requirements Draft:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email=
/archives/200812/msg00015.html

Latest ODF Specifications:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/documents.php.