Subject: RE: [office-collab] Paragraph merge in ODF (earlier - Re: [office-collab] FW: [office] Groups - MCT Challenge #1 Documents (Zip) uploaded)

I don't believe that is an adequate explanation.  I don't understand either the scope nor the necessity of " All paragraph properties (hard formatted and named style) are lost, similar the text properties of a named style of the second paragraph."

For one thing, there is no necessity of implementing it that way in ODF 1.2.

But, mainly, this is not a response to the challenge.  The challenge is to show what is a correct representation of the equivalent change-tracking in MCT.  That is, what are the structures/markup employed in the document persisted with MCT that provides tracking in a way that it can be presented and accepted or rejected in another consumer?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Svante Schubert [mailto:svante.schubert@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2012 15:10
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org; office-collab@lists.oasis-open.org

On 15.10.2012 23:49, Svante Schubert wrote:
> The first paragraph (or heading) will keep its named style properties
> (both text and paragraph), while the character (or text) format
> properties are being moved from each paragraph to spans within the
> merged paragraph.

Reading it over, I realized I could have made the above more explicit:

"The first paragraph (or heading) will keep its named style properties (both text and paragraph). In addition the hard formatted paragraph properties of the first component are being kept.
The hard formatted text (or character) properties of each component are moved from each style to new hard formatted text styles referenced by new created spans embracing the remaining text of each previous component within the
new merged paragraph. All paragraph properties (hard formatted and named style) are lost, similar the text properties of a named style of the second paragraph."

Svante