Subject: Re: ISO 26300 translation to spanish

The different OASIS versions of ODF are linked to from this page:  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office

ODF 1.0 (second edition) is available in ODF and PDF versions.  ODF 1.1 is  available in ODF, PDF and HTML format.

I did a quick experiment.  I loaded both versions of the standard into OpenOffice and saved them  in TXT text format.  I then used Beyond Compare (http://www.scootersoftware.com/) to calculate the differences between the two files.  Beyond Compare reported 219 differences.  An HTML report of the differences is in the attached Zip file.

Note that I make no guarantees about whether this is a complete list of all changes.  There is always the possibility of bugs in OpenOffice's text export, or in Beyond Compare.  But this should give you a way to easily identify the details for most of the changes.

Regards,

-Rob

"Quiliro Ordóñez" <quiliro@gmail.com> wrote on 05/09/2008 05:24:28 PM:

> > But perhaps there is a way to automate this.  Does anyone know of a good XML
> > diff utility that can handle documents of this size and complexity?  Or
> > maybe the approach would be to extract only the raw text via an XSLT
> > transform and then use any text diff tool to find out the differences?
> >
> Great idea!
>
> Please give me the links to the correct documents because we might be
> translating the wrong one. Just to be sure. Thank you very much.
> --
> OxygenOffice en español para MS Windows

ftp://ftp.devall.hu/kami/oxygenoffice/2.4.0.14/win32/OOo_2.4.

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/
> en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=ODF-WIN-G-F@CDS-CDS_SMI
>
> Saludos/Greetings
> Quiliro Ordóñez