Subject: Re: [office-comment] ODF and Intelligence Community Information SecurityMarkings

Hi,

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
>> The best I could come up with is:
>> http://www.gwg.nga.mil/documents/NSG_Geo_Core_MD_Profile.doc
>>

> Thanks, that must be it.  It appears to be a vocabulary for annotating a
> document with security classifications.  Or at least that's what hits me
> at a first glance.  If we look around we'll find hundreds of vocabularies
> like this, for various specializations -- medical, financial, scientific,
> etc., oriented with every industry. [...]

Well, the situation is likely more complex.

An interestingcollection of metadata-information can be found at:
https://metadata.dod.mil/mdr/homepage.htm

I am rather too unfamiliar with metadata and xml, so I'll leave it to
the experts to judge the information.

What did strike me though, is that when we speak of security - or more
broadly about content management - there are a set of elements that need
to be addressed. To quote:
> UCore is a standard approach for representing a few elements of
> information that are common to many systems in the DoD and IC. The
> initial release of UCore covers the geospatial elements of "where"
> plus an absolute time and time period for "when." In addition, the
> UCore includes a consistent standard for security markings. In future
> spirals, UCore may include a small number of other elements such as
> "what" and "who."

So, the basic question is: can ODF represent/store the "where", "when",
"what", "who" in a standardised format?

Sincerely,

Leonard