Subject: 2.8.3.2 size (OpenDocument-v1.2draft7-3.odt)

Small proposal to replace this paragraph

"The manifest:size attribute is only present if the file is stored in an
encrypted format. See section 2.3. This attribute is only used for
encrypted files."

with

"The manifest:size attribute shall be present if the file is stored in
an encrypted format. See section 2.3. The value of this attribute is the
unencrypted, uncompressed file size in bytes."

These are actually two change requests:

A) Include the unit: Of course, it's good practice to always include the
unit even when it's pretty obvious what we're talking about

B) Allow the size attribute for non-encrypted files: although a bit
superfluous, I don't think including the file size for non-encrypted
files should be regarded as an error. (I suppose it might even come in
handy for some applications)

Granted, checking if the manifest:file-entry has a manifest:size
attribute instead of testing for a manifest:encryption-data child - to
figure out if a file is encrypted or not - might save a few cycles.

But that wouldn't be self-explanatory, so let's not tempt the premature
optimizers by stating that the attribute is only present if the file is
encrypted :-)

Best regards,

Bart