Subject: Re: [office-comment] Fw: [members] Public Review of OpenDocument v1.0Errata - 15 day review

"Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote on 08/13/2008 02:59:59 PM:

> > Of course, since you seem to have so much time available to create
these
> > defect reports, why not just join the ODF TC and prepare the response
> > document as well?
>

> > If the $300 membership fee is a problem, I would gladly pay the OASIS
> > membership fee for you, out of my own pocket.
>

> Your sarcasm is quite unnecessary Rob.

That was not sarcasm.  Sarcasm would be if I said, "And here we have yet
another brilliant constructive statement from Mr. Pawson".

But the truth of it is, as everyone involved in a TC or WG knows, the work
is prioritized according to the interests and abilities of those doing the
work.  None of us are members of J/SC34, and no one should be shocked or
even surprised that the TC's technical agenda does not accord perfectly
with their particular priorities or timetable.

There is nothing wrong with that.  They are most certainly entitled to
their own priorities.  So are we.  But in the end, those who do the work
determine the priorities.

So the best way to ensure that your priorities are accomplished on this TC
or any other, is to step up and volunteer to do the work that is most
important to you.

Would you have it any other way?

The $300 offer stands.

-Rob