Subject: Re: [office-comment] Re: Committee Draft 01 of ODF 1.2: Formula specification missing (change of modal verb and conformance requirement)

Hi Michael,

2009/10/13 Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg
<Michael.Brauer@sun.com>:
> Hi Jesper,
>
> the JIRA issue which belongs to your comment is
>
> http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-1242
>
> which is in state "open".
>
> OFFICE-1248 is regarding a reply to your initial comment. We are closing the
> JIRA issues for such follow-up comments if they do not raise new issues.
>
> I hope this helps

It did - thank you very much.

As a side note: section 1.4.2.4 (Conforming OpenDocument spreadsheet
document) states that

"(D1.1)All table:formula attribute values shall be namespace prefixed
and the namespace prefix shall correspond to the
"urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:of:1.2 " namespace."

Have you considered restricting the values of the table:formula
attribute to only allow content from OF namespace - regardless of
Conformance level? The current text would still allow e.g. Microsoft
to use their MSOXL-formulas in ODT-documents. Only difference is that
the documents would be categorized as non-conforming/extended
documents (but not many average users will care about this, I reckon).

Thanks for your input (and prompt reply)

:o)

--
Jesper Lund Stocholm
www.idippedut.dk