Subject: Re: [office-formula] Rob Weir's article on Microsoft XML date problems

Hi David,

On Thursday, 2006-10-19 00:18:18 -0400, David A. Wheeler wrote:

> > Should we add this quirk to the notes of section "4.2.2 Date and DateTime"?
>
> Yes, I think that's a good idea, and the paragraph above is a good start.
> Is there anything else we should note?

Maybe it's noteworthy that calculated dates in and before the year 1583
are somewhat vague, depending on the algorithm used and the cutover date
for the Gregorian calendar it assumes. Catholic church papal cutover was
1582-10-04 to 1582-10-15, and after all that's what the Gregorian
calendar is about.