Subject: Re: [office-formula] CONVERT - why not metric prefixes everywhere?

Eike:
> > Actually I've seen more m2 in the wild than m^2, IMHO most people would
> > not use 42m^2 in daily writing but write 42m2 instead.

Here's another data point: Google requires "^" in its calculator.   Go to Google and enter:
 100 ft^2 in m^2
Notice that their calculator automatically recognizes this and computes it.

But enter:
 100 ft2 in m2
and notice that this is NOT acceptable.  Not much of a proof, but clearly there are SOME apps that require "^" for units.  Google has a lot of U.S. implementors, so again, this may be a U.S./Europe difference.

Oh, and Google's acres are international acres, not U.S. survey/statute acres.  I bet they have no idea that there are two different "feet".  Eek.