Subject: Re: [office-formula] Call for volunteers, undefined functions,plan for this week... and a THANKS to

Stefan Nikolau:
[HYPGEOMVERT]
> ... looks like the localized name of HYPGEOMDIST (German: VERTeilung =
> DISTribution). The TODO speaks of it as a hidden Excel function and refers to
> Calc's Excel file format description. The latter does not contain
> HYPGEOMDIST, but HYPGEOMVERT as the only function ending with VERT. All other
> distibution functions end with DIST. Neither Calc, Gnumeric nor KSpread
> implement HYPGEOMVERT, but the already specified HYPGEOMDIST.
> -> Drop HYPGEOMVERT.

I agree!  Anyone object (and if so, why)?

Thanks for doing that research.  That's exactly what I'd like to see before dropping a function - a rationale for doing so.  Early on I was very inclusive of what functions were in, because it's hard to notice "what's missing" but easy to notice "this is in there, but shouldn't be".