Subject: Who's doing what this week, Redux (including a request to StefanNikolas)

Here's my list of undefined functions in the spec, and who I _think_ is doing them (including a plea/beg to Stefan Nikolas :-) ). A "???" below means no one's volunteered/been assigned.

Stefan Nikolaus: Would you please do GROWTH and LOOKUP?  (I don't know if you have time, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask!)

Qiang He: Please define CELL and BAHTTEXT.

Robert Weir has volunteered to do NETWORKDAYS and WORKDAY, since they have the same I18N issues.  Basically, he's going to need to add an additional optional parameter to handle internationalization - not EVERYONE's weekend is Saturday/Sunday.  I see two major options: (1) a parameter saying which day of the week begins a two-day weekend, or (2) a parameter that's a boolean representation of the days of the week that are to be considered non-workdays.  Option #2 is more flexible, but also is harder to implement and explain... does anyone care which way he goes?

Eike has volunteered for way more than is reasonable :-). If someone can volunteer for GETPIVOTDATA and HYPERLINK, so he doesn't need to do them too, that'd be great.  Eike is already working through various TODOs in the document.

=== UNDEFINED FUNCTIONS ===

> > DATESTRING
> - Eike Rathke has noted that it's "Not found in OOo, Gnumeric, Kspread,
> Ecma/Excel, let's drop it." (Sat, 10 Feb 2007) Unless someone says otherwise, dropped.

> > NETWORKDAYS (note: internationalization issues)
- Robert Weir

> > WORKDAY (note: internationalization issues)
- Robert Weir

> > HYPERLINK (note: weird semantics, we may not want it in the spec)
- ??? (Eike Rathke will do if no one else will)

> > RTD
> - drop? Eike says: "Excel specific RealTimeData function that calls a Component Object Model (COM) Automation server implemented as an ActiveX DLL or executable.
> Highly unportable I guess.. I suggest to drop it."
> Unless someone says otherwise, dropped.

> > CELL
- Qiang He (requested)

> > CURRENT (tricky semantics)
- Eike Rathke

> > GETPIVOTDATA
- ??? Eike Rathke ("I think we (OOo Calc team) can provide some definition for that, hopefully by end of the month.").  But that's not as hopeful...!

> > LOOKUP
- Stefan Nikolaus (requested)

> > FREQUENCY
- DONE. Stefan Nikolaus has done this and sent this to me, will be merged.

> > GROWTH
- Stefan Nikolaus (requested)

> > HYPGEOMVERT
> - Stefan Nikolaus has posted why we should NOT do this (Fri, 9 Feb 2007), will be dropped.

> > BAHTTEXT
- Qiang He (requested)  (Eike Rathke will if no one else will)

> > ASC, STYLE, JIS
-Eike Rathke
> ("Which adds STYLE to this list. I have both on my TODO agenda. They may
> not sound that useful at first, but STYLE sometimes is used to have more
> fine grained control than a fixed number of Conditional Formats allow.
> Additionally the STYLE function has a timeout feature to switch to
> another style after a while. Useful with real time Add-Ins.")

> > CONVERT
- David A. Wheeler, who is earning a PhD in unit systems :-(.