Subject: Re: [office-formula] Who's doing what this week,Redux (including a request to Stefan Nikolas)

Hi David,

On Tuesday, 2007-02-13 12:32:12 -0500, David A. Wheeler wrote:

> Robert Weir has volunteered to do NETWORKDAYS and WORKDAY, since they
> have the same I18N issues.  Basically, he's going to need to add an
> additional optional parameter to handle internationalization

If we add a parameter that no application is supporintg yet I suggest to
define it the way that if the parameter is not given comply with the
Ecma/Excel definition. Eases interoperability.

> - not EVERYONE's weekend is Saturday/Sunday.  I see two major options:
> (1) a parameter saying which day of the week begins a two-day weekend,
> or

Weekends in the sense of non-workdays aren't 2 days everywhere..

> (2) a parameter that's a boolean representation of the days of the
> week that are to be considered non-workdays.  Option #2 is more
> flexible, but also is harder to implement and explain... does anyone
> care which way he goes?

It may also be necessary to include half days, as in "Saturday is half
day off, Sunday one day". The most flexible IMHO would be to have an
array with a factor in the range [0,1] for each weekday, if that's not
considered overkill.

> Eike has volunteered for way more than is reasonable :-).

As a last resort ;-)

> If someone can volunteer for GETPIVOTDATA and HYPERLINK, so he doesn't
> need to do them too, that'd be great.  Eike is already working through
> various TODOs in the document.

Thanks, I would appreciate if someone would take these over! They're
quite time consuming.