Subject: Re: [office-formula] Infix Operator "^" - here's what applications do

Eike:
> I'll add to the portable constraints though that because some
> applications do it differently parentheses should be added.
> Do we want to list the applications' behavior?

It shouldn't be a "portable constraint"; in this case, ALL applications that read/write the format need to interpret precedence and order the same way (or some expressions will have different meanings).

I don't think we want to spend a lot of text on noting UI issues (since lots can be different), but in this particular case I think we SHOULD note that some applications MAY have a different display format... and that this is an area _in particular_ where there are differences.  Best to warn people.