Subject: RE: [office-formula] Expression Calculation: expression = formula?

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 13:04 -0500, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> Question:  is the '=' essential for OpenFormula?  In other words, is is
> used for all uses of formulas?  Or is it something specific to the
> table:formula attribute in Part 1?

It seems to me that the formulation in part assumes that formulas start
with '=':

For example in 19.644:
The attribute value should begin with a namespace prefix followed by
":" (COLON, U+003A), followed by the text of the formula.

And in 19.470:
"formula is a formula (see 19.644) without the equals ´=¡ (EQUALS SIGN,
U+003D) at the beginning."

IN the first example the '=' must be part of the formula otherwise it
would not appear. In the second case we are omitting a part of the
formula. This would not be necessary to say if we did not inclde the '='
as part of the formula.

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow <aguelzow@pyrshep.ca>