Subject: Summary of 2010-02-02 Teleconference

Summary of 2010-02-02 Teleconference

Attendees:
David A. Wheeler
Eric P.
Andreas G.
Dennis H.
Rob W.
Patrick D.
Eike R.
Michael B.

(Eike R. and Michael B. had trouble dialing in, but got in eventually.)

As usual, this is my attempt to summarize the meeting.
Errors are mine (David A. Wheeler); please reply-all to correct them.

===========================

Rob: Are we done classifying CD01 vs. CD02?
Issue: What are the key blockers for CD01?

Rob: We should look at the ones where we don't know if they're CD01 or not, and then the ones assigned to CD01.

We looked at the dashboard, to try to assign/resolve unassigned comments.

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2329
Removing COUNTBLANK in the definition of "empty cell" would help.
Empty cell != blank cell; the reference to the functions are confusing.
Instead, simply say that an empty cell has NO value at all.
Then, in ISBLANK, define a blank cell.
Assignee: Eike.

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2331
Dennis: Patrick has already implemented part of this.
Dennis: I would target this to CD-02.
Wheeler: Let's assign to Dennis, and to CD-02.
Assignee: Dennis.

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2333
Already done in Patrick's latest draft.
Assignee: Patrick.

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2335
Dennis: Have already made notes.
Assignee: Dennis

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2346
Mostly already done in Patrick's latest draft.
Assignee: Dennis.

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2348
(Field)
It doesn't say what it was SUPPOSED to say (the FUNCTION is to report Error)
Assignee: David A. Wheeler

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2370
Assignee: Eike

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2373
Apply to CD-02.
Assignee: Dennis

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2382
This involves the context of the evaluator (e.g., a named expression resolver invoked by the evaluator).
The point of the sub-sections was to make writing conformance clauses easier
(e.g., can spec that the evaluator & context can't handle sheet-local, but can handle others).
Declare this as a CD-02 issue.
Assignee: Rob.  (Who will work with Dennis).  This is basically a "context" kind of thing.

Rob: Where are we now?
Eike: I have the document, reviewing Patrick's changes.
I'll apply issues as much as I can (tomorrow)... not sure how many I can do.
I'll then upload, and will be gone for a while.

Patrick: I'll then take document, and apply the rest on Sunday night.
Then we can look at the resulting document.

Then, we can look it over Monday, and discuss Tuesday.

Wheeler & Patrick will look over "Unresolved OpenFormula ODF 1.2 or untargeted"
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/Dashboard.jspa
to assign to CD01, CD02, or whatever.

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-1469
Rob: What about ^, POWER, etc.?
Not just 0^0 (which is a problem).
What about (-8)^(1/3)?
"I looked at other specs... they (often) don't give many details."
We need to define :"undefined".

This discussion related to:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2392
which gave permission to use traditional complex number notation
"If an evaluator claims to accept 'traditional complex number notation', then...".
Nobody implements this... so the group agreed to remove section 6.5 (traditional complex number notation).