Subject: Re: [office-formula] Index table

Eike,

On 5/5/2010 8:29 AM, Eike Rathke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday, 2010-05-04 17:28:32 +0200, Eike Rathke wrote:
>

>> To prevent #2 and #3 it should suffice to check "Match case" and "Word
>> only" in the Edit Concordance File dialog. You have to check every
>> single entry, but luckily the *.sdi file is a semicolon separated text
>> file and doing s/[01];[01]$/1;1/ fixes that, I'm attaching the result.
>> However, unfortunately that seems to be ignored in the current OOo
>> version I tried, maybe Patrick has more luck with that.
>>
> I found out why that doesn't work: existing index entries are not
> removed from the document before subsequent runs. Creating a new index
> on draft26 using the case sensitive word only concordance file worked
> fine. Apparently there is also no way to bulk remove all index entries.
>
> Conclusion: never ever upload an editor revision draft that has been
> indexed to the repository. PLEASE! Otherwise we'd have to remove
> hundreds of index entries manually.. or edit the XML stream.

I created a version specifically to index, hence the index extension.

The indexed version was simply to show the results, along with the
concordance file.

What is difficult about distinguishing drafts that were created for
experimental purposes and those that are the editorial drafts in our
normal process?

I haven't worked this long on this draft to take a chance that OOo
*might* do the right thing with a major change like indexing.

So, yes, I have a version that I will be uploading later today that *is
not indexed* and reflects all the edits up to that point.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

PS: BTW, I also have a *version* that I am using to test inserting index
marks with XSLT. But it is *not* the working draft for the standard. And
it won't become the working draft until after everyone is satisfied that
it has not only the correct result but has not created other problems.

> Thanks
>    Eike

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34