Subject: Re: [office-formula] counter-factual -> counterfactual but incorrect

Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net> wrote on 09/28/2010 11:59:13 AM:

>   Greetings!
>
> I will be suggesting language on the yearfrac language of
> "counter-factual."
>
> Probably today or tomorrow.

OK.  Great.

I'm reminded of the line about Abe Lincoln, when he was asked the
question, "How many legs has a dog, if you count its tail as a leg?"  He
said, "Four.  Just because you call a tail a leg doesn't make it one."

I want to make sure we don't run into that problem when we talk about
calculations involving intermediate steps where we have dates like
"February 30th".

Maybe call it "ill-formed"?

-Rob