Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Editing files post metadata

Svante Schubert schrieb:

2) The use case, where a given plugin is missing must be solved by some kind of default plugin which is able to handle the software event adequately (Of course, one reaction of this default plugin can be warning the user. But this, for me, is not in the scope of this discussion.).
Maybe the requirement can be formulated like. "The user must be at any time aware of what impact his work has, or the application must provide mechanisms which ensure, that the consistency of the metatdata is guranteed".

That's difficult. Without a plug-in, the application can only display
RDF predicates and objects. These most likely will not be understood by
end-users, and she or here therefore will not understand the impact of
her or his work. The application on the other hand can ensure
consistency only by removing metadata, because it does not know what
operations make metadata invalid and which don't.

More intelligent behaviors can only be achieved by either linking the
meta data in different ways to the content (for instance ids and
classes) or by classification of the metadata as shown below.
Svante,
I can understand, that there is no solution for this problem, yet. But the  requirement concerning integrity still exists. Please let us not drop this issue too fast.
Maybe we can find a smart solution for it.

A first draft idea can be to put some sort of annotation into the manifest which describes a given vocabulary as related to a given type of document, for example an
"invoice".
Using this information on changing metadata related content the following warning could be shown: "You are going to change invoice related information, which may impact the ability of this document to be automatically processed. Continue Yes , No."

Maybe we can find a similar solution for individual predicates, so that a warning like "You  are going to change the invoice amount ....." can be shown.

Bernd

--
mit freundlichem Gruß

Bernd Schuster

MSK Gesellschaft für Automatisierung mbH
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 33
D-22869 Schenefeld

Tel.: +49 40 839286-10
Fax : +49 40 839286-29