Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Editing files post metadata

Bruce D'Arcus schrieb:

<snip>
>> To solve this task, some information is not stored as a single XML
>> element, but as separate empty elements to denote the start and end
>> position of the information in the text. This avoids problems with
>> nesting of XML elements, but of cause makes it much more difficult to
>> get the text that actually carries the information. It therefore seems
>> to be no option for metadata. Anyway, if we already require that the
>> text that carries metadata is element content, then we should at least
>> provide the option to split it over several elements instead of
>> requiring that it is stored in a single one.
>
> I think I see the problem here. For sake of argument, what if we
> removed the option to use the RDFa short-hand convention?
>
> In other words, this would be not allowed:

> Instead, we would require that subjects always be attached to the
> property:

> Would that help? I'm not saying it solves problems of nested content
> within that span necessarily, but is it a start?
>
> It would be more verbose, mind you.
>
> Bruce
Bruce,
I would appreciate directly binding the about attribute to all of its
properties as you did in your second example, because I expected
conflicts in mangling the "content hierarchy" with the "metadata hierarchy".
This approach makes RDFa much more attractive to me.

Bernd

--
mit freundlichem Gruß

Bernd Schuster

MSK Gesellschaft für Automatisierung mbH
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 33
D-22869 Schenefeld

Tel.: +49 40 839286-10
Fax : +49 40 839286-29