Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Question about the IRI of a RDF subject from anODF document

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2007, at 1:51 PM, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
>
>> This is a trick issue, BTW. Ideally you want a globally unique IRI
>> with which you can also locate the document. But that's not realistic
>> in many desktop scenarios, so I think you're left with two choices:
>>
>> 1) the one above
>> 2) using a URI-encoded UUID
>
> Well, and of course using the Flickr URI, which would be good for this
> particular case.
By this we have at least one case where the RDF subject IRI is not the
reference to the local instance.
As we use the flickr URL as the RDF subject IRI, we are in need of a way
to reference to the image from our RDF syntax.
Only by this, the RDF application would know, that we are talking about
a picture in this document.
BTW a similar reference would be needed for linking to other ODF
elements, for instance if we would like to reference to a certain ODF
table or the linked image, that is being used in the document.

My question to you now, is it from the RDF point of view  sufficient to
say, we have this picture somewhere in this document?

In N3 something like:
<> has <http://www.flickr.com/photos/images/holidayimage.png> .

Or are we in need of a package URL to the described content?

In N3 something like:
@prefix odf: <http://www.oasis-open.org/package-rdf#>
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/images/holidayimage.png> odf:pack-ref
<odf:/images/holidayimage.png>

(A package URL  as relative URI references are not allowed in RDF URI
References [1] )

> Might be nice if we could add the ability to have both a path and a
> global IRI in the manifest entry for a file.

[1]  Note: Relative URI references are not allowed in RDF URI References:
"RDF URI references are compatible with the anyURI
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-2-20010502/#anyURI> datatype as
defined by XML schema datatypes [XML-SCHEMA2
<http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#ref-xml-schema2>], constrained to be
an absolute rather than a relative URI reference.", taken from
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#section-Graph-URIref