Subject: Re: [office-metadata] RDF/XML and XPath

On Feb 8, 2007, at 6:22 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
Hamburg wrote:

> But in the meantime we noticed that we seem to try to find a solution
> for something we have already a solution for in ODF. If someone finds
> a solution for linking text fields to specific triples in the RDF-XML
> that works without implementing a full RDF model, than this would be
> fine for me. But until now, we didn't find that solution, so it seems
> to be reasonable to go back to what we have and to restrict the
> RDF-XML.

But I think it's useful to point out that you and Svante are still
focusing too much on XML. Every time you see a potential problem, you
look for an XML solution to it.

Consider implementation. Elias -- who has a lot of implementation
experience in this area -- has been repeatedly saying that the way you
implement this is you load up the RDF triples into a model. At that
point everything is bound via URIs; you have a graph that you can move
around with ease.

In that model, there is no XPath: it's all URIs and literals. You
navigate the graph via the URIs. So it makes sense that the way we
display data in content would also be based on that notion.

I hope you agree that in any case a simple attribute to denote the
display property will work fine.