Subject: proposed schema (was Rough Proposal for RDFa + RDF/XML/XForms + xml:id)

So to follow up this:

On Feb 8, 2007, at 1:51 PM, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> Sure thing:

> 	meta:about="http://docs.net/1";
> 	meta:resource="http://ex.net/1";
> 	meta:display-property="dc:title"
> 	meta:property="http://ex.net/references"/>
>
> ... where perhaps the default display property might be rdf:value.

Here's a commented strawman schema:

## a metadata field may either consist of a literal property or a
resource property
meta-field = element meta:field { meta-literal-property |
meta:resource-property }

## components of the triple
div {
   meta-about = attribute meta:about { xsd:anyURI }
   meta-property = attribute meta:property { xsd:anyURI }
   meta-resource = attribute meta:resource { xsd:anyURI }

   ## a literal value attribute where machine-readable and display
value needs to be distinguished
   meta-value = attribute meta:value { text }

}

## datatyping (can be valauble to bind a control?)
meta-type = attribute meta:type { xsd:anyURI }

## the property to use for display when there is no value content in
the node
meta-display-property = attribute meta:display-property { xsd:anyURI }

meta-literal-property = meta-about, meta-property, meta-type?, meta-
value?, text
meta-resource-property = meta-about, meta-property, meta-object, meta-
display-property?

Finally, I would use the meta:resource pattern on my citation field
to denote the URI for the citation source.