Subject: Re: [office-metadata] "Logical/abstract" vs. "physical" representation

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2007, at 8:03 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
> Hamburg wrote:
>
>> Doesn't HTML have the same issues, and is RDFa specifying which base
>> IRI have to be used?
>
> But in HTML, things are a little easier because we presume the document
> is located at an HTTP address, which is the base URI.
>
> We have no such comfort with ODF (or other traditionally desktop)
> documents.

What you say may be right, but it is not related to the file format. An
ODF document that is located at an HTTP address does have that comfort,
too, and an HTML document that is located on the desktop does not have
that comfort, too.

So, I fear solving this issue is unfortunately outside the scope of our
TC. We may, however, provide some informative hints how to solve this
issue, but we should keep this discussions separate from the discussions
about the file format.

Michael

> Bruce

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org