Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Namespaces

On Mar 22, 2007, at 10:55 AM, Elias Torres wrote:

> I don't understand why is this a problem. XMLNS allows you to
> override your
> prefix with another xmlns declaration. Besides, we can use another
> prefix.
> Prefix is syntactic sugar, not sure why it needs to be a specific one.

It's definitely not a problem. But nice, clear, syntax is always,
well, nice. There's a reason why we generally do "dc:title" or
"text:p" rather than "xxx:title" or "yyy:p" even if it makes no
difference from a processing perspective.

But I was really trying to say "yes, let's not worry about it for the
proposal."