Subject: Re: [office-metadata] meta-field and more...

On May 11, 2007, at 10:05 AM, Elias Torres wrote:

> ... Now, Svante wants the general solution to that problem (which I
> believe exists and its needed)
> but I think we would be going outside our responsibility and scope. I
> suggested to Svante that it is a separate spec built on top of ODF
> metadata
> that he and KOffice and others can agree.
>
> I think we have a really good and tight (yet general)
> specification. Any
> more specific ontology classes and predicates will be looking for
> trouble
> and decisions that we might wish left for a later time.

I agree. Let's keep this spec as lean as possible, and only add what
we absolutely know we need now. If there is debate we need something
(as there is here), then we don't need it.

This is among the reasons I've suggested that we have documentation
on the web, so we can document issues and best practices solutions as
they develop with implementation experience. Those informative notes
could be later broken out into separate documents (say for
citations), and *if necessary* stuff folded back into the ODF spec
proper at a later date.

But we do not need to do every imaginable thing now. We're already a
couple of months late with this spec.