Subject: metadata manifest

Greetings!

I am doing a close reading for any editorial nits and so will probably
have several posts over the next day or so.

The answer the following question does not change the substance of the
proposal but is merely a clarity change.

In 1.1.1 Declaration of Metadata Files in the Metadata Manifest (that is
a mouthful, probably should be: Metadata Manifest)

But, the issue I meant to write about is:

"The metadata manifest file shall be stored at the pathname /manifest.rdf."

But that isn't right.

That is we should say:

***
The metadata manifest file shall be stored at the root of the package
(insert reference).

The metadata manifest file shall be named manifest.rdf.
***

Yes? That is a location is different from a file name.

Apologies if that seems picky but that is what is expected from
standards that are precise as possible.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--