Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [office-metadata] Reuse of metadata proposal for nonODF applications]

Svante,

Svante Schubert wrote:
<snip>
> Regarding an RDF subclass, of course all specific ODF elements would
> inherit from the existing odf:Element OWL class we have already defined.
>
> Nevertheless it seems the odf:Field is just semantic sugar, but not
> really necessary, as the relation to the text:meta-field is made by
> the [uri].
> It seems even better to use <citation:Field> instead of the
> <odf:Field> to define a citation:prefix and suffix as it is not clear
> that all text:meta-field would use this prefix/suffix mechanism as it
> is currently not defined in ODF.

Perhaps Bruce can clarify what he meant but I think he was proposing
that odf:Field would have prefix and suffix material not in the sense of
a citation prefix or suffix (I think that would be handled internal to
the RDF data on the citation) but something more generic.

That is:

(Whatever prefix, in the sense of occurring before the content generated
by text:meta-field)
Generated content
(Whatever sufficx, in the sense of occurring after the content generated
by text:meta-field)

Hmmm, think if it as "fixed" material that while recorded in the
metadata file is simply inserted around the content generated by
text:meta-field.

I am trying to illustrate that the prefix and suffix need not be part of
the generated content of the citation. I think that is being too bound
to a particular use case.

I suppose we should wait for Bruce to have time to respond but I think
that is what he is talking about.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--