office-requirements message

Subject: Re: [office-requirements] Requirements meeting of Nov 18

Bob Jolliffe wrote:
> Regarding the mailto: suggestion, this is what I have found:
> I can either generate an email with the subject or with the body
> prepopulated, but not both.  Which means we can either:
> (1) inject REQUIREMENTS into the subject line and provide a simple
> template to be cut-and-paste into the body
> (2) auto-insert the template into the body and request the user enter
> REQUIREMENTS in the subject line.
>
> I think (1) would be better, but I'm open to suggestions.  We will want
> to provide a simple template either way as the mailto: link will not
> necessarily work with popular web based mail client software.

Hi Bob,

Maybe we should also take into account what will happen when the user
missed to add the subject term or body:

Missing "REQUIREMENTS" term in the subject line:

The mail won't be directed to us and is maybe going somewhere else or
in worst case it is lost. IMHO this is not acceptable.

Missing body text:

The mail is coming to us but without information. IMHO not that bad
because we have the senders mail address and can contact him to ask him
to resend his mail.

Therefore I also would go the way with point 1.

Best regards

Marcus Lange

--
Program Manager
StarOffice Engineering

Registered Office: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1,
D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Commercial register of the Local Court of Munich: HRB 161028
Managing Directors: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Martin Haering