office-requirements message

Subject: Re: [office-requirements] (Draft 2) text for call for proposals

Rob,

Much, much better.

Still a bit dry in the middle. Suggest perhaps a one liner about ODF 1.2
getting cleaned up to go out the door. Followed by a general call as per
your last paragraph before the "Some things to keep in mind."

That would just about fit on the average email window and take about as
long to read as a 15-second spot on TV.

If we can hold their attention for that long.

I would lose the "Some things to keep in mind." I rather doubt we are
going to be overrun by suggestions that run afoul of those. May have a
few but those will be from people who won't read/understand the rules
anyway.

I think what we want are the immediate reaction sort of suggestions. "If
I could have anything it would be...." sort of stuff. We can then
massage that into features for ODF-Next.

The really long, "considered" stuff, I have a trunk full of it, people
are going to generate anyway. ;-)

I suppose I see the ODF-Next effort as having a two-fold purpose: 1) to
get new ideas, but just as importantly, 2) to attract new people who are
willing to contribute on a regular basis.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick