Subject: RE: [office] Clarifications

Hi Daniel

My comments.

1a.

Can someone describe the difference between text and text-global?

Do we want a office:image genre that contains just a draw:image? While
this can be done by putting a single draw:image under office:drawing it
is often interesting and valuable to differentiate between a drawing and
a single image as early as possible when processing a document.

1b.

I think so

2.

Under office:spreadsheet seems correct.

-Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Vogelheim [mailto:Daniel.Vogelheim@sun.com]
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 12:16 PM
To: office@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [office] Clarifications

Hello all,

I'm in the process of creating a specification document conforming to
OASIS rules, and putting in last meeting's changes while I'm at it. Some

question came up:

1) 'genre' elements
We agreed to put in 'genre' elements for different document types. Two
issues:

1a) How are they named?
So far, I've just used the office:class attribute names (text,
text-global, drawing, presentation, spreadsheet, chart) with an office
namespace.

1b) office:class attribute obsoleted?
Do I assume correctly that this would obsolete the office:class
attribute?

2) <office:body> attribute
The current <office:body> element has a table:structure-protected
attribute. IIRC, this is meant for spreadsheet documents, so I assume
this would be moved to the spreadsheet 'genre' element, or even
elsewhere.

3) <office:settings> optional?
All first level elements are optional except for the <office:body>
element. The idea is: No body -> no document, and all else is optional!
For some reason, the <office:settings> element as child of the
<office:document-settings> element was made mandatory. I guess this was
just an oversight in the original definition, and should get fixed.

Any comments or disagreements?

Sincerely,
Daniel