Subject: Re: [office] Proposal for more statistics

On Monday 22 November 2004 12:19, Michael Brauer wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> David Faure wrote:
> > I was asked to submit the following proposal:
> >
> > Is it possible to extend meta:document-statistic in order to add the following items?
> >
> > "text:frame-count" - number of (visible) frames (draw:frame elements)
> >
> > "text:sentence-count" - number of sentences in the document (for text and presentation documents)
> >
> > "text:syllable-count" - number of syllables into document (approximatively, of course).
> >
> > "text:character-without-space-count" - number of characters without space (or tabs)
> > (should this be e.g. "character-count-nospaces" for better English?)
> >
> Is there a reason why the attributes are in the text rather than in the
> meta namespace like this is the case for all other attributes of

It turns out that there was a misunderstanding here.

The request was mainly for new text fields. <text:sentence-count> would insert into
the document the number of sentences, just like e.g. <text:page-number> inserts
the page number.

Of course adding those statistics to meta.xml as well, sounds like a good idea to me.
For instance it will help readonly renderers which won't have to compute all those
statistics just to render those fields - they can take the value directly from meta.xml.
For those, meta: is obviously the right prefix.
We agreed on that part today, but we'll have to discuss this again as a proposal
for new text fields next week then.