Subject: Re: [office] [Fwd: clarification: OpenDocument and SVG]

Jon,

Jon Phillips wrote:
> mental@rydia.net wrote:
>
>>Quoting Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>:
>>

>>>Note that www-svg is a public mailing list for SVG discussions, people
>>>on the list do not necessarily represent the SVG WG.
>>

>>Yes -- I do want to emphasise that I'm not attached to the SVG WG, but wrote the
>>message as SVG implementor from whom OpenDocument support is being requested.
>>
>>I would also like to emphasise that I don't think there was any intentional
>>attempt to pollute the SVG namespace.  My sense of urgency came from learning
>>that OpenDocument had already been put before the EU TAC.
>>
>>Bjoern has done a much better job of articulating my specific technical
>>critique.
>

> I am in line with what mental is saying and appreciate both him and Bjoern for
> being more articulate in the matter than myself. Michael, hopefully if we keep
> communication channels open we might resolve this situation so that it is
> beneficial to both the OpenDocument and SVG specs.

I believe that we will be able to resolve this issue in a way that is
beneficial to both the OpenDocument and SVG specs and agree that we
should keep the communication channels open. Who in the SVG group could
be the primary contact for the OpenDocument TC? Is it you?

I'd also like to thank Mental for bringing this topic to the attention
of our two working groups.