Subject: Re: [office] Additional Ballot Comments (China)

Just to be clear, those comments are not my words.  I'm just forwarding some feedback which I had received.

UOF is an XML-based document format for office applications and has the status of a draft national standard in China.    So it is in the same space as ODF or Ecma Office Open XML.   I would not characterize UOF as integrating ODF and Ecma XML.   I'm parsing comment #1 as expressing the desire that there be a single office document format, not three, a feeling I think many share.

My understanding is UOML plays more in the space of Adobe PDF or Microsoft's XPS.

-Rob

Charles Schulz <charles-h.schulz@arsaperta.com> wrote on 06/05/2006 12:37:45 PM:

> Hello Robert,
>
> could you explain to us how the UOF integrates both ODF and MS Open XML
> formats?
> I guess I understood what *UOML* was about but I'm unsure about UOF...
> Thanks,
>
> Charles-H. Schulz.
>
> robert_weir@us.ibm.com a écrit :
> >
> > 1. Considering the market relevance, ODF should be integrated with
> > China national standard final draft— Uniform Document Format (UOF) as
> > much as possible, as well as Microsoft’s Open XML Format.

.

.
.