OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: [office] OpenDocument TC Coordination Call Minutes 2006-09-18

Voting Members:

Yue Ma, IBM
Robert Weir, IBM
Helen Yue, IBM
Patric Durusau
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Bruce D'Arcus, The OpenDocument Foundation
Gary Edwards, The OpenDocument Foundation
David A. Wheeler, The OpenDocument Foundation

Acceptance of Minutes from Last Call
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last
coordination call.

Action Items
Michael: prepare proposal for white space handling clarification
- done, see

OpenDocument 1.1 Public Review Feedback
The TC unanimously agreed to the proposed resolution
for the typo in section 8.5.3 calculation settings

The TC adjourned a resolution for the white-space handling
clarification to the next call, but intends to agree on the current proposal
if no revised proposals are send to the list until the call.

The TC asserted that the current clarification is regarding the 
processing of white-spaces ate the paragraph start, but not regarding 
the processing of white-spaces in general. However, a discussion of 
white-space processing in general may take place in the scope of a later 
OpenDocument version.

OpenDocument 1.1 Schedule
The public review of OpenDocument 1.1 ends on September, the 25th. Until 
now, no comments that require a substantive change were received.

Michael explained the options that the TC has for OpenDocument 1.1:

Provided that no comments that require a substantive change are received 
until the end of the public review, the TC has the following options:

a) it may approve OpenDocument 1.1 as a Committee Specification
b) it may approve OpenDocument 1.1 as a Committee Specification, and 
simultaneously may vote for submitting it to the membership of OASIS for 
consideration as an OASIS Standard.

In case the TC decides to submit OpenDocument 1.1 to the OASIS 
membership, then there is the option to conduct the OASIS standard 
ballot either in November, or in January. To conduct the ballot in 
November, it is required that the TC agrees on voting for OpenDocument 
1.1 as committee specification in its con call at October, the 2nd.

To conduct an OASIS standard ballot, it is further required that three 
OASIS member organizations certify that they are successfully using the 
specification. For a ballot in November, these certifications will be 
required before October, the 15th.

Michael will explain the options in a separate mail.

The TC agreed to have coordination calls on September, the 25th, and at 
October, the 2nd

SC status
The formula SC is working on the function descriptions. About 12 
function description get ready each week. The SC is looking for experts 
for financial functions

The meta data SC has nearly finished the use case document, and asks for 
a discussion of the document on the TC level at the beginning of October.

Yue Ma asked whether there are conformance definitions for OpenDocument.

Michael pointed out that OpenDocument has conformance definitions, and 
that there is an unofficial collection of sample documents that have 
been created by the University of Central Florida, in cooperation with 
Intel. Further conformance definitions may get difficult, because they 
depend on how OpenDocument is actually used in the applications. The ODF 
Adoption TC may provide some guidelines to the TC what actually is required.

Rob posted a list of write-up on compliance testing to the list.

The discussions were adjourned at this stage.

New Action Items
Michael: Post options for OpenDocument 1.1 to the list.

Next conference call
coordination call: 2006-09-25, 3:00PM-4:00PM UTC

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]