Subject: Re: [office] OpenDocument lists - my view included are some proposals

On Monday 19 February 2007 12:57, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer -
Sun Microsystems wrote:
> L1 defines that list level 1 starts at 5 and list level 2 starts at 7.
> L2 contains a list level definition for list level 2, but doesn't define
> a start value for list level 2.
>  From my point of view it would make sense that this should give us:
>
> 5. Main chapter
> 5.7. Foo

The same argument applies; I doubt its a good idea to alter the definition of
not supplying an attribute inherit its value based on where it is used in the
document.

> Yes, start values are defined for a certain list level with the list
> level definitions of a list style and can't be applied for other list
> levels. I didn't mean, that (e.g.) the start value for list level 1 is
> taken as the start value for list level 2.
>
> My intention was triggered more or less by the following example, when
> different list styles are used inside a list:
> <text:list text:style-name="L1">
>     <text:list-item>
>       <text:p>Main Chapter</text:p>
>     </text:list-item>
>     <text:list>
>       <text:list-item text:style-overide="L2">
>         <text:p>Foo</text:p>
>       </text:list-item>
>     </text:list>
> </text:list>
>
> respectively
>
> <text:numbered-paragraph text:style-name="L1" text:list-id="myList1"
>     Main Chapter
> </text:numbered-paragraph>
> <text:numbered-paragraph text:style-name="L2" text:list-id="myList1"
>     Foo
> </text:numbered-paragraph>

That is actually an incorrect conversion. Parag 'Foo' would be another level
and thus can't reuse the list-id as its a different list.

> In my view L1 is somehow the "leader" of the list. Thus, I came to this
> conclusion.
> But, I could also support, that this case gives us:
>
> 5. Main chapter
> 5.1. Foo

I think that makes much more sense.
--