OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OpenDocument TC work-call minutes 2007-02-19

* Rollcall
Robert Weir, IBM
Patric Durusau
David Faure, KDE
Jody Goldberg, Novell
Florian Reueter, Novell
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
Oliver Wittmann, Sun Microsystems
Gary Edwards, OpenDocument Foundation

* Minutes from last work-call
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last

* Action Items
Michael: create 1.1 errata document - now available in wiki

* News/Reports
OASIS symposium in San-Diego, Mid-April. Adoption TC proposed a joint
meeting and has put that on the symposium agenda

Rob: symposium is 3 days and there will be conference rooms available
for f2f meetings. As members from ODF and ODF-Adoption are there, joint
meeting was proposed
More educational in nature (transfer of information)
Rob: there will be some presentations of ODF interoperability and
accessibility. Michael will present Sun odf toolkit work
If someone else wants to participate in a panel, please let me know as I
am also on the adoption TC
Michael: for which day was the joint meeting scheduled
Rob: That's Wednesday 18th of April
(19th is Rob's birthday, bring presents)

* Proposals

Oliver: there was discussion between Thomas Zander and myself. We have
sorted everything out now and I will post updated proposals tomorrow or
on Wednesday. Should be possible to discuss those in the next call.

RFC 4646 language tags:
Michael: there was a reply from Martin... that there are no concerns
with the proposal in principle and there were some suggestions to
improve the wording which we will work into the proposals

Text Grids:
Michael: I understood that Florian wanted to prevent documents with
mixed grids...
Florian: correct
Michael: ok, I previously got that wrong. I reread the spec and found
that for other kinds of styles we have default attributes, that can be
set. So we might add a default page layout. This would allow to set the
layout for individual pages.
Lars: for Word interoperability, is it a section setting there
Florian: only for the new-style grids. There is no support for the
traditional style grid...
Michael: but using the default style solution is acceptable?
Florian: yes. The old m ode can also be simulated by the new mode
Michael: can you update the proposal
Florian: yes
Michael: there is currently no description of the algorithm. I already
saw one, but it bounced when your colleague tried to post it to the
mailing list... you should just resend it, so that we get it into the
official channel
Florian: I will integrate the description into the next version of the

New Position and Space attributes
Oliver: there is some discussion whether we need these attributes or not.
Florian: can you summarize the concerns
Oliver: Thomas didn't think the attributes are needed and that
everything can be expressed with the current constructs
Lars: visually or structural
Oliver: there are examples, where some constructs that can be done with
the new attributes that cannot be achieved with the old ones, and I
posted some examples for that to the mailing list
Lars: looks like the current spec can be interpreted to express
everything that is needed but once we define the actual behavior, we
exclude some cases.
Oliver: yes, that's basically the point. Florian, maybe you can try to
negotiate here
Florian: I will try

Remove dependency on OLE from embedding attributes
- attending TC members agree to this proposal

Extensions to Frame positioning
Michael: possible not possible to align base line of frame with base
line of surrounding text
Florian: where does the information about the base-line come from
Michael: it depends on the embedded object
Lars: is it possible to store the base-line information along with the
Michael: we should look into that...

Database Front-end Document type
Michael: not a new proposal but has already been discussed before we
started with 1.1
Florian: can you elaborate a bit on this one
Michael: it specifies how a database is presented to the user. Forms,
Reports... It does not specify the data itself
Florian: I recall there were some concerns from KOffice
DavidF: I forwarded some comments
Michael: I was of the impression that we had aligned the proposals with
KOffice, so I was a bit surprised about the comments
DavidF: I thing the comments are more detailed this time
Michael: From looking at the comments, I had the impression that it
wasn't understood that the proposal does not specify the actual data
storage... we will continue discussions here

Chart Proposals:
Lars: I am currently discussing Patrick's comments with the developers

Michael: META-INF can contain signature streams. the proposal says that
these files should contain the term "signature" in their name, because
the contents of the META-INF folder are not described by the manifest...
Lars: this seems somewhat inconsistent to me. I would like to find all
the information about the package in the manifest. I will go through the
proposal and elaborate on this...

Application Settings:
Florian: I would like to move some of the layout-specific flags in
writer into page or paragraph specific style attributes

Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>               Sun Microsystems
Software Engineer                                         Nagelsweg 55
Phone: +49 40 23646 959                         20097 Hamburg, Germany
Fax:   +49 40 23646 550                  http://www.sun.com/staroffice

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]