Subject: Re: [office] Proposal for clarification,enhancementand normativeexamples for text:list and text:numberedparagraphsin ODF1.2

Hi Oliver,

> That's a wrong interpretation.

Sorry for the misinterpretation, but your suggestions are so good that I really thought you fully grasped it.

Thanks again for your valuable suggestions,

~Florian

>>> Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems <Oliver-Rainer.Wittmann@Sun.COM> 03/16/07 2:05 PM >>>
Hi Florian,

Florian Reuter wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> These are pretty harsh words.

Sorry, but that's my view.

> My reality is different.
>
> It took me more than two weeks just to *understand* your "proposal".
>
> What makes me nervous is that you wanted the TC to vote on it and then it turned out there are problems. That doesn't
> increase my confidence.
>
> I layed out five uses case which are important to me:
> * Backward compatibility with ODF1.0/ODF1.1
> * Backward compatibility with "legacy" ODF docs arose from the fact that ODF1.1 wasn't clearly specified
> * 100% roundtrip fidelity between text:list and text:numbered-paragraph
> * ODF 1.2 numbering should be independent from an applications counter implementation
> * Use case for ODF1.2 list-override enhancement
>
> But according to Thomas these are all incorrect: "But it does not change the fact that
> your issues are all incorrect."
>
>> However, I don't want to follow your habit. Thus, I've got a look at
>> your proposal. Following are some comments and concerns. I ask you to
>> consider these and to give reply respectively clarification:
>
> Thanks for looking at my proposal. I'm happy that you where able to understand it in less than 1h.

That's a wrong interpretation.

Currently, I don't fully understand your proposal and the intentation of
it - especially the given "use cases".
But, because you came up this your proposal soo late in the disussion
timeline on this topic - we want to finish today at end of working hours
in europe -, I want to give early feedback on the points, which I think
I have understood.
I don't know, if I can manage it to understand it completely today.

> I will now try to address your valuable concerns and change my proposal.

Why didn't you try to make suggestions to the existing proposal. Thus,
that the existing proposal fits to your view as well?
This would be constructive TC work in my view.

> Especially your point "in my opinion the relationship to the <numbered-paragraph> construct *can't* be based on the
list
> style" will give me a hard time.
>
> But I'll try.

Regards, Oliver.