Subject: List Proposal Vote Deadline on Wednesday

Hi all,

This morning i cast my "List Enhancement Proposal" vote, and noticed that voting closes on Wednesday, May 2nd.  Of the 10 TC members eligible, as of this morning only five have voted.

The web page for casting your vote is at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/ballot.php?id=1281

This has been a long and often contentious discussion.  It's also one of the most documented discussions the TC has ever recorded.  So much so that if ever the public wanted to know how things really work with the ODF specification, it's here for all to see.

To personally keep track of things, i've kept my own collection of important documents that might be of help to anyone still working their way through the issues.  Please keep in mind that these documents were selected from the TC discussion list for my own reference purposes and collaborative discussions (ala google docs).

Resources:

While i'm as anxious as anyone to put this issue behind us, i think there are some really good things that came out of this most difficult discussion.  I posted my comments with my vote primarily out of concern that the public might at some future date dig into certain aspects of the eMail discourse, and miss the bigger picture.  It's no secret that many of our critics monitor everything that takes place in the TC and Sub C's, and the List Enhancement Proposal discussion in particular is rich with material.  No other issue in the history of the TC has involved this much work and impassioned exchange.  IMHO, the dynamics at work here reach far beyond the technical issues of the ODF list model, and if there's ever a time to have your say and go on the record concerning these larger dynamics, it's now.

So what i'm asking the TC for now is that we close this issue with the same vigor and attentiveness that sparked such a passionate debate between the application developers involved.  They have earned the consideration many times over.

Hope this helps,
~ge~

Voter Company Vote Reference Document and/or Comment
IBM
--

IBM
--