Subject: Re: [office] List Proposal Vote Deadline on Wednesday

On Thursday 03 May 2007 11:04:32 you wrote:
> Probably including me. :-) But how do you emulate a 3-key model in a
> 2-key model?

Its the other way around; WW has a 2 key model, with this vote ODF has a 3
key model.  So its simple to emulate a 2 key model in a 3 keys one by
ignoring one key.

Now; I'm afraid I won't go into details on the rest of your mail.  I said
that as far as I know there is no such problem as you state there is, and
there are quite some people on this list that share my feelings.
In fact; even Florian never stated clearly that he thinks its impossible
to have full interop with the now ok-ed proposal.

I understand you have worries, and I fully agree that full interop is
important. I'm surprised you do not know this since we have been talking
for a long time now.
I also understand that with some 4 people on the TC not sharing your
worries, and you still feel worried that the only way to solve this issue
is to actually go ahead and implement this stuff.  Which means research
and which means it will take time. I don't do this as a full time job,
and your pressuring me does not have any positive effect. Sorry.

Bottom line;
I think the worries are unfounded.  If you have proof to the opposite, we
can talk. If not, I hope you will not make a scene.
--
Thomas Zander

PGP signature