Subject: Re: [office] List Proposal Vote Deadline on Wednesday

On Friday 04 May 2007, marbux wrote:
> Gary said your proposal's adoption by the TC just broke your
> competitor's plug-in.

And because Gary says it, that makes it true? Sorry to you and Gary but
this needs to be proved technically before anyone can make such claims.

Besides the two KOffice developers (Thomas and I) contributed to this proposal
and approved it -- because it makes sense for KOffice, not because it would break
anybody's code. However controversial decisions come from a different view of things, and
indeed when a view opposite than yours becomes standardized, that means trouble adjusting
your code and view of things, to the newly standardized view. Any accepted proposal would
have created that trouble to someone else - if vote had had the opposite result,
KOffice (and OOo I believe) would have had trouble with the existing numbered-paragraph
code and documents (which is one of the reasons for the outcome of the vote). Yet this
doesn't mean that the reason for picking a solution is to break other people's view, it's
simply about choosing the view that makes sense for ODF applications and users.

Paranoia is always so easy... maybe I should be paranoiac about the fact that you don't
show your real name and affiliation, but only a nickname, so maybe you are in fact working
for Microsoft and this would be the reason for your behavior? :-P
I'm kidding but there are two points behind this: 1) no need for paranoia here, 2) please
use your real name.