Subject: Re: [office] ODF 1.2 - version info in meta inf?

On 24/08/07, Malte Timmermann <Malte.Timmermann@sun.com> wrote:

> Michael Brauer wrote, On 08/23/07 16:06:
> > Malte, is my understanding correct that you propose to add the version
> > attribute we have for the content, style, meta and setting streams also
> > for the digital signatures stream?
> >
> Yes.
>
> Malte.

In which case may I ask again if the version of the current schema
(and all its parts)
will be reflected in  a single place in the XML extracted from an ODT
file which is conformant to the spec?

I.e. Is there a way for an application to check that it is processing
a 1.2 instance
as apposed to a later version?

As more applications process ODF files, this will be very necessary.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.