Subject: Re: [office] proposal; new property to store cap-style.

Hi,

while integrating this proposal, I noticed that it is in the draw
namespace, although it does not specify any values that are not
supported by SVG. Until now, we used ODF's SVG compatible namespace
(prefix svg) for such attributes, and we used the draw namespace only
for SVG attributes for which we support additional values. I therefore
suggest that we use the svg namespace/prefix here, too.

I further notices that the value "inherit" is listed, which we don't
support in ODF, because of the entirely different inheritance model of
ODF. The same unfortunately happened to the linejoin attribute, that did
exist already in ODF 1.1. I suggest that we consider this to be an errata.

I should have noticed both issues earlier, but unfortunately did not.

Thomas Zander wrote:
> In vector graphics it is common to set two properties to change the way a
> line is drawn.  One is the line join style, which is represented in ODF
> via the draw:stroke-linejoin and the other property is the cap style.
> The latter is not represented and the KOffice drawing app has support for
> this feature in the old fileformat and requested support in ODF as well.
>
> Can we add something like this:
>
> <define name="style-graphic-properties-attlist" combine="interleave">
> 	<optional>
> 		<attribute name="draw:stroke-linecap">
> 			<choice>
> 				<value>butt</value>
> 				<value>square</value>
> 				<value>round</value>
> 				<value>inherit</value>
> 			</choice>
> 		</attribute>
> 	</optional>
> </define>
>
> The 'butt' should be default, should the attribute not be given, I'm not
> sure if I can do that in the xml above.
> ps. this follows the svg option SVG CAP STYLE
>
> thanks.

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

        D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten