Subject: Re: [office] Drawing page names (Re: [office] OpenDocument TC Meeting Minutes 2006-02-13)

On Thursday 22 November 2007, Michael Brauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while integrating this proposal into the specification, I noticed that
> it would cause an inconsistency for tables:
>
> Tables are not per se graphical objects, so it seems a little bit
> uncommon to add svg elements to them. We had a similar situation for
> hyperlinks, where we use an "office:title" attribute instead. I
> therefore suggest that we reuse the office:title attribute for tables,
> and add an office:desc attribute, too.

I'm a bit confused, because this proposal was about drawing pages only, not
about tables, wasn't it? I don't mind that we're talking about a title for
tables since my post from yesterday wants "unique name separated from
user-visible title" for tables too, but I'm just surprised :)

> I further suggest that specify that the two attributes are ignored, if
> the table element is a child of an draw:frame element, because in this
> situation, the frame itself has a title and a description.

This confuses me too. table:table cannot be a direct child of draw:frame, can it? (or is this new in odf-1.2?)
Or do you mean with a draw:text-box as intermediary? But then you could have
other text before and after the table and then a title+description for the table still makes sense...