Subject: Re: [office] Groups - Comparison of default styles(default-styles.ods) uploaded

Hi Warren,

Warren Turkal wrote:
> I think that the most common units should be supported in the format.
> I not sure that it should be necessary for folks generating documents
> to have to make sure they are doing appropriate unit conversions.
> However, I could be convinced either way.

I was a little bit unclear. Actually ODF supports the most common units.
So when writing a document, you can use inch, or cm, or even mm or pt,
and I don't think we should change that.

The question is only which of these units we should take when
documenting the default values of some formatting properties. Shall we
say for instance that the default for fo:margin-top is "0in". Or shall
we say "0cm"?

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten