Subject: Re: [office] Proposal for an ODF 2.0 Requirements SC

"Warren Turkal" <turkal@google.com> wrote on 07/24/2008 05:16:07 PM:

> Why 1.2 instead of 1.3 or whatever? Is 2.0 going to be a backward
> incompatible with 1.x? In other words, are we going to be removing
> tags/attributes from the XML?

If there are specific questions that the TC wants the SC to research and
provide recommendations on, we can add that to the Scope statement.  For
example:

To propose a name for the next ODF revision, whether 1.3 or 2.0;
To recommend whether the next version should be backwards compatible, or
whether it may introduce incompatible changes;

But if the TC believes that it knows the answer to that last question,
then we can state that as constraints in the SC's scope:

To ensure that the work recommended by the TC will not harm backwards
compatibility, and in particular will avoid changes that do X, Y and Z.