Subject: Re: [office] status of "Fieldmarks" proposal?

Dear Florian Reuter,

Florian Reuter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm busy at the moment.

Ok. No problem.

Thus, can I expect that you still want to have the proposed feature in
ODF and that you will continue your work on the proposal?

> Didn't we decide to go with the general marking mechanism?

As far as I know the TC discussed in its call at 2008-07-14 such a
general marking mechanism. But, the TC did not decide anything.
As far as I remember there are some TC members (including me) that would
support such a general marking mechanism. I did not remember a argument
against such a general marking mechanism.

It is your proposal. Thus, it is up to you to change the proposal.

As I already expressed I support the idea/feature behind this proposal,
because it would fulfill the feature request which I have made - see
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200710/msg00120.html.
I could imagine to play an active role for this proposal (or a changed
one proposing a general marking mechanism) - e.g. being one of the
proposers. But, I currently do not know, if your interests somehow fits
to my interests and can be brought in line - see my made remarks and the
following thread.

Best regards, Oliver.

> Dear Florian Reuter,
>
> I would like to ask you about the status of your "Fieldmarks" proposal.
>
> Since its discussion on 2008-07-14 in our TC call I did not see any
> progress from you on this proposal. You also did not reply to my
> remarks, made on this mailing list at 2008-08-12 - see
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200808/msg00049.html
>
> Do you still want to have the proposed feature in ODF?
>
> Do you still want to continue this proposal in order to get the proposed
> feature fulfilled in ODF?
> If not, I want to ask you to withdraw your proposal, but formally
> contribute the current proposal text to OASIS.
> Then I could use you withdrawn proposal as a starting point for my own
> proposal to fulfill in ODF the feature request, which I have made in
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200710/msg00120.html
>
> Thanks, Oliver.

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
Nagelsweg 55             Software Engineer - OpenOffice.org/StarOffice
20097 Hamburg
Germany                  Fax:   (+49 40) 23 646 955
http://www.sun.de        mailto:oliver-rainer.wittmann@sun.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft:

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann (od) - OpenOffice.org Writer