Subject: RE: [office] ODF 1.0 and 1.0ed2-cs1 Schema Discrepancies

Based on the feedback from Rob Weir (on a different topic) that the schema fragments in the ODF 1.0 specifications (OASIS and ISO/IEC) are definitive, I will take it upon myself to see if there is a way to account for the line-number discrepancies between the OASIS ODF 1.0 Standard and the IS 26300 version.  I suspect that an appropriate note would be to advise where separate lines in the specification fragments should be understood to be wrapped lines and not hard new-lines.

My fervent prayer is that this will account for all of the differences between the provided .rng file and the two specifications (without worrying over-much about blank lines that may be in the spec fragments and not in the file, if there are such cases).

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200809/msg00058.html
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2008 23:15
To: ODF TC List

[ ... ]

I cannot imagine attempting to correct either document over this.  I am assuming that if the only public ODF 1.0 schema that we have were opened in a text editor without line wrapping, the line numbers would not match either specification exactly.  (I tried it and I find that the rng file's </grammar> tag is on line 17666, surprisingly close to ODF 1.0ed2-cs1 numbering.)

It would appear useful to account for the discrepancies between the two different printings of embedded schema.  Not by changing them, but just pointing out where the line-numberings change and what it is attributed to?

[ ... ]

I'm willing to do this review if it would help us show how ODF 1.0 is reconciled with IS 26300 and I am not repeating work that has already been done.