Subject: Re: [office] Questions and Answers - Asterisks, Attendance,and Issues Lists

Mary,

thank you very for your clarifications.

On 10/02/08 23:19, Mary McRae wrote:

> Second, recording attendance. I'm actually surprised that the TC doesn't do
> this (no offense intended to the Chairs/Secretaries). I thought all of them
> did. I highly recommend it. A simple template for meeting minutes could list
> all members and then a notation indicating who did/didn't attend beside it
> (like an asterisk ;-). Some TC minutes also record who gained/lost voting
> rights at the end of the meeting. This also allows the members to make sure
> their attendance (or lack thereof) was properly recorded.

Actually, we are recording attendance. What we don't do is
1. to track in the minutes who of the attending TC members has voting
rights and who has not
2. to track which TC members (with or without voting rights) are not
attending

I have checked the minutes of several TCs when it was suggested that we
track these things, too. I found only a single TC that tracks this
information. All others TCs that I have checked simply seem to track who
is attending, too.

While marking who of the attending TC members has voting rights seems to
be practicable, it seems not to be practicable to track the status of
all TC members in the minutes. The ODF TC has 56(!) members. About 13 of
them attend regularly to TC coordination calls.

We may track who has voting rights but is not attending. But this would
also mean that we duplicate information that is present in KAVI at the
time a meeting takes place, and that we maintain there, too.

If it is is recommended that we track non-attending TC members, would it
then be possible that KAVI's meeting attendance tool does track the
status of TC members when we record the attendance? All information is
present where. It is only not stored with the meeting records.

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten