Subject: [Fwd: Re: [office] Review of ODF 1.2 specification draft 1.2 -chapters 6 and 7]

Hi,

below you find inline the reply from my Sun colleague Oliver Specht.

Best regards, Oliver.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [office] Review of ODF 1.2 specification draft 1.2 -
chapters 6 and 7
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:56:46 +0100
From: Oliver Specht - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg <Oliver.Specht@Sun.COM>
To: Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems
<Oliver-Rainer.Wittmann@Sun.COM>
CC: office@lists.oasis-open.org

Am 12/ 8/08 12:19 PM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun
Microsystems schrieb:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> please have a look at Patrick's comments on your review results - see
> below. Please resolve the questions, if possible.
>
> Send the reply back to me - I will forward them to the ODF TC's
> mailling list.
>
> Thanks, Oliver.
>
> Patrick Durusau wrote:
>> Oliver,
>>
>> Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems wrote:
>>> Dear TC members,
>>
>>> - sub chapter "6.3.6.1 General", 2nd sentence:
>>> It does not make senses that the information about the sender is
>>> taken from the OpenDocument user information *dialog*. Corresponding
>>> reference to the appropriate ODF element/attribute is needed here.
>>> [was already the wrong in ODF 1.0 and 1.1.]
>>>
>> OK, if this was wrong on ODF 1.0 and 1.1, what is the correct answer?
The sentence about the dialog should be dropped.
>>> - comment to future note in sub chapter "6.3.7.1 <text:author-name>":
>>> text:author-name is not a duplicate of dc:creator. text:author-name
>>> is the author of the document, while dc:creator is the creator of
>>> this ODF stream. E.g. Oliver create a new text document in ODF and
>>> stores it - text:author-name="Oliver" and dc:creator="Oliver".
>>> Oliver sends the document to Michael for review. Michael opens the
>>> document, makes his corrections and stores the document -
>>> text:author-name="Oliver" and dc:creator="Michael".
>> Sorry, you lost me there.
>>
>> What you describe sounds like Michael, as the second author of the
>> document, is listed for dc:creator.
>>
>> Ah, so is "sender" just bad prose? What it means is a subsequent
>> author of content in the file?
>>
>> I was wondering how the application was going to realize it had been
>> "sent."
>>
>> So, I should remove the sender language and simply say additional
>> author?
The 'Author' created the document and the 'Sender' ist the one who
changed the document. 'Sender' is not a good choice :-;
>>> - comment to future note in sub-chapter "6.7.2 <text:place-holder>":
>>> <text:placeholder> will not have any input, it will be replaced by
>>> the input.
>>>
>> Are you saying that the text is incorrect when it says:
>>
>> "This element contains some brief text which is displayed with the
>> placeholder. "
>>
>> True, it is replaced with whatever content the user supplies but it
>> does have content that is displayed to the user. Yes?
The description is o.k. But there is a "Future Note" asking about the
difference between placeholder and the other input fields. The
difference is that the other fields take input. placeholder don't take
the input. They are replaced on input.
>>> - comment to Ed. note in sub-chapter "6.7.10 <text:execute-marco>":
>>> The content of the element is used as its description. In my opinion
>>> this should be changed.
>> OK, but where is it being stored now?
It's in the field's text:

  <element name="text:execute-macro">
    </optional>
        <text/>
    </element>

>>> -- bullet items "<text:file-name>" and "<text:templace-name>":
>>> include the attribute values at each display option
>>>
>> Ah, you mean (for <text:file-name>):
>>
>> <value>full</value>
>> <value>path</value>
>> <value>name</value>
>> <value>name-and-extension</value>

>> Sure, you're right.
>>
>> And for text:template-name:
>>
>> <value>full</value>
>> <value>path</value>
>> <value>name</value>
>> <value>name-and-extension</value>
>> <value>area</value>
>> <value>title</value>
>>
>> OK, but I am not picking up where the values *area* and *title* are
>> coming from? In other words, what element or attribute is being
>> referenced there?
They refer to the template component of the application.

Regards,

Oliver Specht

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
Nagelsweg 55             Software Engineer - OpenOffice.org/StarOffice
20097 Hamburg
Germany                  Fax:   (+49 40) 23 646 955
http://www.sun.de        mailto:oliver-rainer.wittmann@sun.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft:

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann (od) - OpenOffice.org Writer